Week 10: Reflection
Do you feel like your methods are constructed solidly?
I think that for my research goal which is to gage the attitudes of as many teachers about technology they have/have had access to and making them aware of the features works. The ability to get a good number of teachers within my region and who cater to a goo number of teachers that serve the same type of student populations is a factor that give me some statistical significance especially when evaluating the research to see how it might apply to other like districts.
What was missing from your slides according to your peers?
The sample size was no definite yet. I actually would have to see how many contacts I have within other districts within Region one that would be willing to share the survey with their middle school teachers. I also do not have a timeline exact yet. I do want to complete it in the second semester of the next school year. Probably after all the teachers are settled after Christmas vacation. They have had time to deiced how the teach and what tools they use and before the rush of testing preparation starts. I would like to use it after the first Spring benchmark so that if teachers find it useful they can be exposed to the information and use it for any items where the students might benefit from the technology applications. I want to complete the survey only once but the sooner the better so I can start analyzing my information. The district testing schedule is usually set in place with the district calendar at the end of the previous year and most districts follow a similar schedule.
What do you need to improve based on the feedback you received?
I am focusing on a quantitative research method but have note decided whether to include a qualitative aspect just to show the and understand the reasons, opinions, perceptions, and motivations of the statistical data. I would like my readers to see the thought process of the teacher when exposed to the technology because it might help understand the survey data or at least give a little more insight. I need to diced who or why I would contact certain teachers to gather more information, maybe focus on the outliers and why they seemed to vote against the stream.
Comments
Post a Comment