Week 9: Refelction

 There are three parts to the reflection: 

  • Start by reflecting on how you feel about where you are on literature review and how you felt about your peer’s feedback after the presentation. 


I feel that if maybe the current research I have provided focuses to much on the role of librarian and not enough on the research that established my new investigation. I see the connection of these two but I can also step back and see the other might not see how the librarian role is such a big part of the literature review when the research is about teachers and technology more effective technology integration. For me it is clear that the information gathered is important to the duties of the librarian and the places they have to adjust their work to assist their teachers but the way librarians service their campus can vary from district to district and some locations that have no librarian and only a librarian aide whose only responsibility to focus on the book collection. I need to clear up my topic, or better define it with the articles I have used and possible find a few more that are better suited. If I can work to focus on the research problem I think that will bring more clarity to my literature review. 

  • Next, reflect on where you are with portfolio (done, scheduled, uncertain, etc.). 


I am not done with my portfolio and hoping to schedule it for the summer. I was hoping to add a presentation from SITE but was really informed my presentation for Best Practices was not accepted so I would like to submit another paper for a national or international conference and get that accepted. I need to work on the 2 pages on myself because right now it is two short, I also need to include my creative works. So, if I can get that done by the end of  June I would like to schedule it for July or August or even during our online meeting in September. I am not sure how the enrolling for the summer goes so I need to see if I need to register if I plant to defend my portfolio in the summer. 

  • Last, discuss where you are and how you feel about your methods section now. 


I like my methods so far. I talked it over with my advisor and because the tools I want to focus are those that are available to almost all the district in ESC Region one I think I want to focus on quotative method and maybe just get interviews for quotes to add to my paper, and give the readers a little insight as to why certain groups felt the need to answer a  certain way. I need to clean up the questions and decide how I want to include videos and determine the number of surveys I would feel confident about getting and from what groups of teachers. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4: Reflection

Week 3: Reflection